Revamped Website Gains 975% Increase In Revenue [Case Study]
The Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. Search trends continue to evolve and search engines continuously update their algorithm to adapt to these changes. The most recent updates include Google’s Hummingbird, Panda, and Penguin updates. In order for the hotel to continue to perform well online, Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District worked closely with Milestone to revamp its website to ensure continued online performance success.
The property worked with Milestone Internet Marketing to enhance the hotel’s web presence and performance by updating the site to a contemporary design and responsive structure. The content was also refreshed to ensure optimization for the latest search and usability guidelines. New marketing initiatives were also launched to further promote the new website.
Milestone’s strategy included the following steps:
- Designed the website with a contemporary look and feel,
- Programmed the website to be responsive to capture traffic and provide ease of use for 3 types of platforms – desktop, tablet, mobile,
- Promoted the site on several online directories to boost search visibility,
- Enhancement of local business profiles (such as Google+ business profile), listings, and citations by making sure accurate and consistent URL, Name, Address, and Phone Number (UNAP) info is available,
- Social media optimization and promotion,
- And paid search promotion to expand marketing reach.
The website went live in February 2022 and already saw amazing results. Year-over-year comparison shows (March – May 2022 vs. 2022):
- Increased revenue by 975%
- Increased unique visits by 109%
- Increased visits from Google Places by 335%
Click here to learn more about Milestone’s services and how we can drive traffic and direct bookings for your hotel!
Lauren Adams, Product Marketing Specialist
Nelson Toriano, Sr. eStrategist / Team Lead
Source: Paid Search