Your Leads Are Annoyed With You: Here's Why [Data]
When your job is to generate and nurture new leads like it is for pretty much every marketer and salesperson, it can be all too easy to think of every new lead as just another number on a waterfall report or just another name on a call list.
But never forget that behind every ebook download form and every demo request, there are real human beings. Human beings with mood swings, families, insecurities, personal and company goals.
If you knew these individuals personally, would you play mind games with them? Probably not. So why do so many marketers and salespeople opt to play mind games with leads and prospects? You’ve bought plenty of stuff before: Think about how you like to be treated when you’re going through the buying process.
You might think that mind games are just another part of the job, but we want to show you the data behind why these games will make you lose leads. Check out the SlideShare and statistics below to learn more.
- The odds of making contact with a lead increases 100x if called within 5 minutes. (Source: Lead Response Management Study)
- The chances of qualifying a lead are 21x better if called within 5 minutes. (Source: Lead Response Management Study)
- Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. (Source: InsideSales.com)
Only 1 in 50 deals are struck at a first meeting. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
63% of people requesting information on your company today will not purchase for at least 3 months – and 20% will take more than 12 months to buy. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales-ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source: Forrester Research)
Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: Aberdeen Research)
2% of sales are made on the first contact, 3% on the second, 5% on the third, & 10% on the fourth. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
80% of sales are made on the 5th to 12th contact after the first meeting. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
44% of salespeople give up after 1 follow up. (Source: The Marketing Donut)
41% of marketers do not use buyer personas. (Source: 2022 Hubspot & Linkedin Survey)
- Personalised emails improve clickthrough rates by 14% and conversion rates by 10%. (Source: HubSpot)
- 68% of marketers say personalisation based on behavioral data has a high impact on ROI. (Source: HubSpot)
- 74% of marketers say personalisation has a high impact on engagement … but only 19% do it. (Source: HubSpot)
- 93% of businesses and marketers have profiles on social media. (Source: Beta21)
- On average, companies respond to only 30% of social media fans’ feedback. (Source: Social Bakers)
- Approximately 46% of online users rely on social media when making a purchase decision. (Source: Nielsen)
If you don’t want to tick off your leads, download our ebook How to Lose a Lead in 10 Ways — and make sure you’re not making these mistakes and costing your company new business.